Sunday 18 November 2012

Pocket Rocket goes ...

... on her next big adventure.

Never in my wildest of dreams could I have envisaged last Sunday, when I took this photograph of my very Sensational Six


that today, a week on, the Sensational Six would once again be the Fabulous Five.


These pictures were all taken last Sunday. My wonderful powerhouse of a girl, Pocket Rocket very sadly died yesterday.

Pocket Rocket loved Uncle New Boy

This was a frequent scene - they were great pals

Always stylish

Frequently seen 'chatting' with Mum, Arctic Fox

A very perceptive and intuitive dog ... "I know what you're thinking"

Here she comes ...

... and again! How she loved to run.

Her eventual greatness can only now be imagined, she was truly great. She left an impression on everyone she met, quite often a bruise too! I am so priviledged to have lived with this girl for the far too brief a time she had, and I would not have missed a single second of it. A very special girl. 

The public face of 'asheepdogdiary' needs to express this, she has so many friends and fans around the world, whilst the private side desperately tries to make some sense of it and pick up the pieces.

I hope she is running free with other family members now and has found some nice sheep to work.


Pocket Rocket
6 May 2011 - 17 November 2012



7 comments:

  1. Ohh, I'm so sorry to read this news. I hope your sweet gal is in a good place doing many things she loves...and I hope her family's hearts don't hurt badly for too long....

    ReplyDelete
  2. So sad. Sleep tight sweetheart.

    ReplyDelete
  3. MY heart breaks on learning about Pocket Rocket. Gone too soon, I am so sorry for your loss.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you for your comments. I've said it before and I have no doubt I will say it a million more times to come ... "she was an absolute cracker" :)

      Delete
  4. Absolutely gutted to read this news. Our biggest, heartfelt sympathy on your sudden loss. Nothing but love and support in your time of grief.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I lost my Brigid two years ago, and there is still a big hole in my heart. My thoughts are with you.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Jusr read the sad news and so sorry for your loss, such a special girl will never be forgotten and will always stay close in your memories. :-(

    ReplyDelete